Monday, April 18, 2011

Thanks for the flowers, but...

Last week Verity had an overnight stay in the hospital after a small surgery to remove endometriosis.  All went well and she is recovering very well at home now.  We have been very grateful to receieve many kind texts, phone calls, emails, visits, meals, and... flowers.  They are very gorgeous and smell lovely, and have brightened our room. 

Meanwhile, Reuben has been noticing pain in his right ear, which has affected his hearing the last few days.  This morning he went to the doctor to have it looked at, and (believe it or not) his ear drum is inflamed and has some fluid there too.  The doctor said it looked like he was suffering from hay fever and the symptoms were present in his ears, but it's the wrong season... then he mentioned the flowers in the house and bingo!  The doctor is sure they are the cause. 

So Reuben was given a prescription for some nasal spray to clear everything up and hopefully remedy the ear drum situation before his flight to Portland for Hilly's wedding. 


I find it quite an ironic cycle of events that the very things given to us to help Verity recover from surgery caused Reuben to visit the doctor!!

3 comments:

  1. YOU GUYS LOOK SUPE CUTE IN THIS PIC!!!!!
    Just thought I'd let you know, and also it's such a shame for poor Rubey's ears!!!
    Hopefully he'll be okay around all the flowers at the wedding?!?!?!
    LOVE YOU BOTH!!, zozo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Rube's ears were figured out! Oh my! It's a tad comical!

    Re: your surgery babe, We prayed for you during this time...But I was sad to be so very far away from you, though I had NO doubt Rube was taking delightfully tender care of his wife. And shortly after this, I too was hospitalized but for a different reason! I would have loved to have chatted on the phone and sing together...
    How much endo was removed?
    Crazy how we BOTH had it.
    Love you...
    Just so you know, since I had my surgery in June of 2008, I haven't had ANY endo pain! Cysts kept coming, until I started progesterone cream, since endo etc is almost always caused from being estrogen dominant and lacking enough progesterone... I hope the surgery's job lasts and that you can enjoy more comfy months and years to come... Oh babe I'm proud of you... xo

    ReplyDelete